Doom Delta is a mod for GZDoom that aims to bring together many elements from the pre-release iterations of Doom, including (but not limited to) the alpha builds, the press release beta, and Tom Hall's Doom Bible. Elements such as the helmet HUD from early alphas, enemy designs, unique characters, and unused weapon concepts return.
The idea is to take these unused concepts and properly flesh them out, giving them the proper attention and polish they deserve. The end goal is to provide a cohesive experience that provides a fun and enjoyable experience with the aesthetic and feel of the pre-release Doom content.
- Four unique playable characters from the Doom Bible!
- Three fully functional HUD styles, including the helmet HUD from Doom 0.3!
- Weapons such as the Rifle/Bayonet, the Dark Claw, and the Unmaker!
- New enemies such as the Gargoyle and The Blob!
- Score system with treasure items and kill bonuses!
- Reimagined powerups such as the shields and the Chaos Field!
- Vanilla-style sound design!
Looking for a nice mapset to play with Doom Delta? Here are a few mapsets I enjoy that match the aesthetic of Doom Delta:
- Nihility: Infinite Teeth - An atmospheric and spooky mapset inspired by the aesthetic of the Doom alphas! The mood is really strong on its own, but it also really captures the surreal and mysterious vibe of poking around the alpha builds of Doom.
- Doom: The Lost Episode - A speculative 5th episode for Doom, incorporating a couple maps from the Doom alphas that don't have an equivalent in the final games. Has a surreal aesthetic that combines silvery tech with hellish manors, set in a mysterious void beyond the stars...
- Joy of Mapping 6: Joy Eternal - A variety of maps made by many different map authors, ranging from first-time mappers to veterans. Each episode builds off the themes of the original Doom, with lots of fun maps throughout.
Here are some miscellaneous mapsets that don't necessarilly match the aesthetic, but I enjoy nonetheless:Doom Delta v2.5.0 5.80 MB
Want to make maps for Doom Delta? The mapping starter kit has predefined editor IDs for the new content! NOTE: This is not required for playing Doom Delta. This is to help mappers develop maps for Doom Delta.Doom Delta Mapping Starter Kit v1.0 8.11 KB